- The action of sneezing.More example sentences
- According to mythology, the first sign of life Prometheus's artificial man gave was by sternutation.
- Being unable to contain her excitement at the prospect of being walked, the dog suffers fits of sternutation whenever she sees her leash.
- And all three forget their sectional differences in a delightful concert of sternutation.
late Middle English: from Latin sternutatio(n-), from the verb sternutare, frequentative of sternuere 'to sneeze'.
More definitions of sternutationDefinition of sternutation in:
- The British & World English dictionary