Definition of stick-nest rat in English:
A fluffy-haired gregarious Australian rat that builds nests of interwoven sticks.
- Genus Leporillus, family Muridae: two species, in particular L. conditor
- Unfortunately the greater stick-nest rat no longer exists on the mainland of Australia.
- Scientists use the old nests or middens of stick-nest rats to find out about the climate and types of plants that have grown in the region over the past 10,000 years.
- Zoos intending to keep greater stick-nest rats should do so in close cooperation with one of the existing holdings and benefit from their experience in keeping and breeding the species.
Definition of stick-nest rat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan