Definition of stick-nest rat in English:
A fluffy-haired gregarious Australian rat that builds nests of interwoven sticks.
- Genus Leporillus, family Muridae: two species, in particular L. conditor
- Unfortunately the greater stick-nest rat no longer exists on the mainland of Australia.
- Scientists use the old nests or middens of stick-nest rats to find out about the climate and types of plants that have grown in the region over the past 10,000 years.
- Zoos intending to keep greater stick-nest rats should do so in close cooperation with one of the existing holdings and benefit from their experience in keeping and breeding the species.
Definition of stick-nest rat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.