verb[no object] (as noun stickhandling)
(In hockey and other games) control the puck or ball with one’s stick.
- Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.
- Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.
- He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.
- Example sentences
- I think that Ron Hextall deserves some consideration for the honor, as he was the first excellent stickhandler and the first goalie to score a goal.
- He's a strong skater and good stickhandler who has good hockey sense.
- A new artificial turf field currently under construction in the district that will boost playing time for local stickhandlers is expected to be completed by the fall.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of stickhandle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.