Definition of stickseed in English:
A plant of the borage family that bears small barbed seeds.
- Genera Hackelia and Lappula, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular H. floribunda, which resembles a forget-me-not
- Several nonnative noxious weeds have invaded stickseed habitat and threaten to out-compete the stickseed for the available nutrients.
- The fruits of the showy stickseed are spurred and covered with stout hairs that cling to the hair and bodies of animal.
- The primary reason for not designating critical habitat for showy stickseed is because the species has been repeatedly collected for many decades.
Definition of stickseed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.