Definition of stillborn in English:
1(Of an infant) born dead.
- We did not approach women whose babies were stillborn or died as neonates.
- This Mass will be of particular interest to parents of stillborn infants of babies who died shortly after birth.
- The doctor also showed me the book of horrors kept by the medical staff - photographs of the grotesque, mis-shapen, stillborn children born in the hospital.
1.1(Of a proposal or plan) having failed to develop or succeed; unrealized: the proposed wealth tax was stillborn
More example sentences
- His stillborn plans for regional mini-parliaments in Yorkshire and across England were yesterday savaged by an influential group of MPs.
- And his thrashing of the first six stillborn proposals is right, but late.
- But the problem is how to revitalize a stillborn plan, how to find enough lawmakers to join and whether the incentives offered to them will be enough.
Definition of stillborn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.