- 1A cinnamon-brown stingray occurring on sand flats in shallow Australian waters.
More example sentences
- Urolophus testaceus, family Urolophidae
- Once sexually mature, stingarees have only one litter per year, usually bearing two to four young.
- This site is shallow but very interesting with many stingarees, globefish, flathead, velvetfish and salmon.
- At least six species of stingarees are known to live along the New South Wales coast.
- 1.1US & Australian/New Zealand • informal Any stingray.More example sentences
- The sloop smack S.R. Packer arrived at New-London, Conn., Thursday from Montauk and brought the skeleton of a 200-pound stingaree, which he harpooned off the Block Island breakwater.
mid 19th century: alteration of stingray.
More definitions of stingareeDefinition of stingaree in:
- The British & World English dictionary