Definition of stingaree in English:
1A cinnamon-brown stingray occurring on sand flats in shallow Australian waters.
- Urolophus testaceus, family Urolophidae
- Once sexually mature, stingarees have only one litter per year, usually bearing two to four young.
- This site is shallow but very interesting with many stingarees, globefish, flathead, velvetfish and salmon.
- At least six species of stingarees are known to live along the New South Wales coast.
mid 19th century: alteration of stingray.
Definition of stingaree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia