Definition of stinking cedar in English:
A tree of the yew family found only in Florida, with fetid leaves, branches, and timber. Also called Florida torreya.
- Torreya taxifolia, family Taxaceae
- When American Forests reported on the status of endangered trees and their champions in 1996, four trees were on the brink: roundleaf birch, Florida torreya, key-tree cactus, and Santa Cruz cypress.
- The preserve protects two of the world's rarest evergreens, the Florida torreya and Florida yew.
- He brought the Florida torreya tree to the attention of science and named it after Dr. Torrey.
Definition of stinking cedar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan