Definition of stinking cedar in English:
A tree of the yew family found only in Florida, with fetid leaves, branches, and timber. Also called Florida torreya.
- Torreya taxifolia, family Taxaceae
- When American Forests reported on the status of endangered trees and their champions in 1996, four trees were on the brink: roundleaf birch, Florida torreya, key-tree cactus, and Santa Cruz cypress.
- The preserve protects two of the world's rarest evergreens, the Florida torreya and Florida yew.
- He brought the Florida torreya tree to the attention of science and named it after Dr. Torrey.
Definition of stinking cedar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.