Definition of stinkwood in English:
Any of a number of trees that yield timber with an unpleasant odor, in particular.
- ● (black stinkwood) A South African tree (Ocotea bullata, family Lauraceae). ● A New Zealand tree (Coprosoma foetidissima, family Rubiaceae).
- Nowadays, more indigenous trees - stinkwoods, cottons and wild olives - are being planted, and the balance of exotics and indigenous is more or less equal.
- A white stinkwood tree was planted in Ivory Park, near Midrand, on Friday 17 October as a symbol of prosperity in the global fight against poverty.
- Two of my favourite indigenous trees for bonsai are the white stinkwood and the red stemmed corkwood or paperbark.
Words that rhyme with stinkwoodcheesewood • driftwood
Definition of stinkwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan