adjective• informal , chiefly North American
- Psychologically disturbed, especially as a result of being confined or imprisoned.More example sentences
- Having sat through a soporific video presentation, gazed at some rather disappointing Hungarian art and contemplated the implications of Freud's psychoanalysis of his own daughter, the pair are slightly stir-crazy.
- She's probably going stir-crazy - she'll be back here soon.
- When trouble's brewing at Wandsworth prison, London, staff calm down stir-crazy inmates by serving up drinks with names such as Valerian Plus and Tranquillity.
More definitions of stir-crazyDefinition of stir-crazy in:
- The British & World English dictionary