- A cup of wine or other alcoholic drink offered to a person on horseback who is about to depart on a journey.More example sentences
- In a break with tradition, the drinking of the stirrup cup took place outside the hotel and not in the car part on the opposite side of the road due to the introduction of by-laws which makes it illegal to drink in public.
- The Tedworth Hunt holds its traditional Boxing Day meet in the Bouverie Hall car park at 11 am on bank holiday Monday with all attending receiving a stirrup cup and a slice of Christmas cake.
- It was punch on the lawn again and the stirrup cup was passed around at Bruree Lodge on Saturday, as an old tradition was revived by a group of local farmers.
More definitions of stirrup cupDefinition of stirrup cup in:
- The British & World English dictionary