- The strap attaching a stirrup iron to a saddle.More example sentences
- The breaking of a stirrup leather, with a full circuit of the race still to travel, was the task faced by him, who, undaunted, kicked his other foot free and gave Colonel Frank all the assistance that was needed.
- More than once, in the course of a joust, a stirrup leather was broken.
- I saw now that Gloria's dappled gray, aptly named J.E.B. Stuart after the famous rebel cavalryman, was dripping wet up to the stirrup leathers on his saddle.
More definitions of stirrup leatherDefinition of stirrup leather in:
- The British & World English dictionary