A straggling plant of the pink family with a slender stem and white starry flowers. It was formerly thought to cure a stitch in the side.
- Genus Stellaria, family Caryophyllaceae: several species, in particular greater stitchwort (S. holostea) and lesser stitchwort (S. graminea)
More example sentences
- Verges were yellow and white with celandine and stitchwort.
- Lesser stitchwort, Stellaia graminea, has tiny white flowers with deeply divided petals while red campion, Silene dioica, is much more pink than red.
- It can be distinguished from other stitchworts by the roughness of the edges of the leaves and stems.
More definitions of stitchwortDefinition of stitchwort in:
- The British & World English dictionary