- A repertory company that is largely based in one theater.More example sentences
- Whereas stars were associated with sure-fire old plays and revivals, especially Shakespeare, stock companies offered new plays, and especially melodrama, in order to compete.
- Theatre work in stock companies led to hundreds of appearances on early 1950's TV programs, followed by his casting opposite Holliday in ‘It Should Happen To You’.
- He once again gathered many of his stock company of performers around him.
More definitions of stock companyDefinition of stock company in:
- The British & World English dictionary