Definition of stockholder in English:
chiefly North American A shareholder.
- In an attempt to create a corporation where stockholders' interests are looked after, many firms have implemented a two-tier corporate hierarchy.
- Should this happen, bondholders would be paid first during the liquidation process, then preferred stockholders, and lastly common stockholders.
- Options are both compensation for executives and also potential costs to stockholders, since their exercise dilutes stockholder ownership rights.
- Example sentences
- The report said that new Treasury-imposed accounting rules - known as resource accounting - may also have resulted in ‘poor decision making’ about the appropriate levels of stockholding.
- The stockholding banks increased their assets by 34.3 per cent to 4.09 trillion yuan, while liabilities rose 34.5 per cent to 3.95 trillion yuan.
- On Thursday, the company set aside nearly £50m from profits to cover the 5% stockholding the employees voted to accept.
Words that rhyme with stockholderpolicyholder
Definition of stockholder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India