- 1The action or process of recording the amount of stock held by a business: the store is closed for stocktakingMore example sentences
- The wide-ranging exercise is believed to have involved stocktaking of products, including food and drinks, an examination of the tax status of employees and the sale of band-related merchandise.
- With the stocktaking and facility inspection process over at RAAF Base Learmonth, the convoy then made a beeline for RAAF Base Curtin, near Derby.
- Some were garbled articles from various encyclopaedias, about international politics, about online democracy, about computerised supermarket stocktaking, about kwashiorkor and other kinds of malnutrition.
- 1.1The action of reviewing and assessing one’s situation and options: she had some mental stocktaking to doMore example sentences
- Week 52 is traditionally a time for contemplating the success or otherwise of the previous 12 months, but followers of our international football team might just prefer to give the mental stocktaking a miss this time around.
- Fortunately, the government has finally woken up to the situation and has announced a long overdue stocktaking of adoption agencies and a review of adoption procedures.
- ‘The opportunity presents itself now to perform such a stocktaking exercise in order to ensure that the balance and strategic direction which we have put in place is the right one,’ he said when he set up the group.
- More example sentences
- It seems the new team ‘leader’ couldn't lead her way out of a paper bag, and totally screwed up the stocktake (which I gleefully had managed to miss), and so I had to completely redo it.
- Last year, when we were busy with stocktake and had millions of tasks to do, the French co-ordinator dumped sixty books on us and claimed they were urgent, with every staff member needing to take one home before the end of the year.
- Initially, there is a physical stocktake of the existing facilities and equipment, to obtain specific information about the condition of dental clinics and equipment.
- More example sentences
- Already it has been advertising for part-time stocktakers in the York area with good maths skills, using the York Job Centre as a clearing base for applications.
- There were stocktakers at the Cheney Manor headquarters but nobody from the George Davis management.
- People are often reluctant to employ a professional stocktaker because of concern for the cost involved.
More definitions of stocktakingDefinition of stocktaking in:
- The British & World English dictionary