- A large yard containing pens and sheds, typically adjacent to a slaughterhouse, in which livestock is kept and sorted.More example sentences
- A total of 192 heifer calves (three trials) were purchased during a 2-to 3-wk period from local stockyards.
- The waste produced by industrial concentrations of animals in stockyards and factory farms continues to strain sewage facilities.
- The plant would be built in the city's stockyards area and eventually employ about 1,000 people.
More definitions of stockyardDefinition of stockyard in:
- The British & World English dictionary