- A terraced porch in front of a house.More example sentences
- A unique feature are the pillars on the front stoep: they are upside down cannon barrels, painted white.
- In South Africa a stoep is a raised veranda on which you sit and watch the world go by.
- Supported by timber trusses and arboreal columns, the restaurant's great monopitch roof recalls the traditional African stoep or veranda.
Afrikaans, from Dutch; related to step.
More definitions of stoepDefinition of stoep in:
- The British & World English dictionary