noun (plural stogies)
- A long, thin, inexpensive cigar.More example sentences
- After a massive heart operation in 1997, he vowed to carry on being an all-action hero, even if it meant cutting his daily cigar intake to one stogie instead of three.
- When he lit up that rich Cuban stogie, I knew it was a sign to hire him, and now it's finally gonna pay off.
- On a Nassau, Bahamas, beach, with stogie in hand, he and Chip, his longtime friend and business partner, brushed up on MPEG decoders and Zip drives.
mid 19th century (originally as stoga): from Conestoga, because the cigars are thought to have been smoked by the drivers of Conestoga wagons.
More definitions of stogieDefinition of stogie in:
- The British & World English dictionary