- A rich German fruit and nut loaf.More example sentences
- Dresden stollen is one of the most famous German Christmas breads; plainer Stollen are also made, some aniseed flavoured, as are springerle biscuits.
- Whether it is the towering panettone and pandoro of Italy, the fruit-studded crown of French kugelhopf or the oblong stollens of Germany, it is the shape that distinguishes the bread as celebratory and regional.
- Place the marzipan in the center of the stollen.
from German Stollen.
More definitions of stollenDefinition of stollen in:
- The British & World English dictionary