Definition of stone face in English:
A face that reveals no emotions.
- She wasn't crying, but she had a stone face with no emotion whatsoever.
- Sarah tried to keep a stone face despite the emotions running deep.
- David notices Vivian's stone face, emotionless and uncertain.
- stone-faced adjective
- Example sentences
- According to Bernard, the stone-faced city attorneys agree that the conditions of the project need to be enforced but say they can't enforce them.
- At the end he stands center stage to receive the applause, patient and stone-faced, impassive under the weight of all these strangers and their love.
- Barb and Paul looked at her, stone-faced and ready for the worst.
Definition of stone face in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.