- A person who cuts stone from a quarry or who shapes and carves it for use.More example sentences
- Despite their short stature, there was a brute solidity about them, their large, thick-fingered hands those of stonecutters and labourers, their tough, weathered skin that of a people toughened by the elements.
- Newly listed occupations included railroad workers and cotton brokers, as well as skilled craftsmen such as silversmiths, watchmakers, stonecutters, brick masons, and a plumber.
- Not only was this to help the stonecutters but also to provide information to the quarry as to how much stone to produce on a daily basis.
More definitions of stonecutterDefinition of stonecutter in:
- The British & World English dictionary