Definition of stool in English:
1A seat without a back or arms, typically resting on three or four legs or on a single pedestal.
- I nodded and took a seat on the single stool behind the counter.
- Located on three levels with seating on stools, settees and at conventional tables, the place has a modern airy atmosphere.
- As I glanced around the room, I only saw a few stools and a single rusted metal couch.
1.1 short for footstool.
2A piece of feces.
- More than 80 percent of acute anal fissures will heal spontaneously with the use of dietary fiber to soften and bulk the stool.
- Dietary fiber increases the weight and size of your stool and softens it.
- The symptoms of food intolerance can include burping, indigestion, flatulence, loose stools, headaches, flushing, or nervousness.
verb[no object] Back to top
1(Of a plant) throw up shoots from the root.
- Medicine When defecating.Example sentences
- Do not let patients confuse normal defecation with straining at stool.
- The sort of stresses that induce these changes include blowing against a resistance, lifting heavy objects, and straining at stool.
- It may be induced by a hard bowel movement or straining at stool.
Definition of stool in:
- British & World English dictionary