- North American Withdraw temporarily from higher education or employment in order to pursue another activity: community college students are more likely to stop out, or drop out entirely, when the cost of attending increasesMore example sentences
- More female high achievers are "stopping out" to raise kids - and avoiding Corporate America when they return.
- Readmits - These students were once at the college but stopped out, dropped out, or were academically dismissed.
- Single until recently, she had three kids and "stopped out" - taking no classes seven of those years.
More definitions of stop outDefinition of stop out in:
- The British & World English dictionary