North American Withdraw temporarily from higher education or employment in order to pursue another activity: community college students are more likely to stop out, or drop out entirely, when the cost of attending increases
More example sentences
- More female high achievers are "stopping out" to raise kids - and avoiding Corporate America when they return.
- Readmits - These students were once at the college but stopped out, dropped out, or were academically dismissed.
- Single until recently, she had three kids and "stopped out" - taking no classes seven of those years.
A person who stays out late at night.
- So just now, while waiting for the dirty stop-outs, I was tidying up the kitchen so figured I'd listen to a podcast.
- She is undoubtedly a dirty stop-out and would provide generous assistance should I chance upon a bar in serious need of propping up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.