- A volley played close to the net in which the player stops the ball without a forceful stroke, sending it just barely back over the net.More example sentences
- There was a beautiful stop volley, a shot so delicate that the ball barely seemed to contact the strings at all.
- If the shot has very little pace and/or excessive backspin, the stop volley will probably drop into the net.
- He plays a lunge stop volley which lands and spins back onto his side of the court.
More definitions of stop volleyDefinition of stop volley in:
- The British & World English dictionary