- An externally operated valve regulating the flow of a liquid or gas through a pipe.More example sentences
- I tried to turn the mains off in the road and it would not turn right off so I had a constant flow of water coming through to the main stopcock inside my house.
- Although pump mechanisms are a key element in the transport of fluids in medical applications, valves, stopcocks, lines, and other components are also critical flow-control elements.
- The report states that some areas in the Zone 8 area have leaking pipes and stopcocks, and shortages of meter readers.
More definitions of stopcockDefinition of stopcock in:
- The British & World English dictionary