- A stopper or plug.More example sentences
- The advantage of a bottle stopple is that it will require less copper during the cleaning process.
- The stopple prevents inadvertent ejection of material stored in the hollow needle/push rod assembly.
- But word soon came over a radio that no stopples for pipelines this large could be found in the region on short notice.
verb[with object] Back to top
Middle English: partly a shortening of Old French estouppail 'bung', reinforced by the verb stop.
More definitions of stoppleDefinition of stopple in:
- The British & World English dictionary