- An approximately circular accelerator in which particles can be effectively stored by being made to circulate continuously at high energy.More example sentences
- They modified an electron storage ring - a facility for producing powerful x rays - to produce high-power T-rays.
- In the more distant future it may be possible to make intense and well-controlled high energy neutrino beams from decays of muons in a storage ring, although at present many technical problems remain unsolved.
- A storage ring has the same components as the main accelerator but with fewer klystrons.
More definitions of storage ringDefinition of storage ring in:
- The British & World English dictionary