Definition of storefront in English:
1The facade of a store.
- Groups of 100 to 1,000 would congregate outside a Chinese laundry and launch a hail of rocks and stones to smash windows, storefronts, and doors.
- The architects approached the design by thinking of the store as having two facades: the exterior storefront and the interior wall.
- Aluminum extrusions also enjoy wide use as frames for doors and windows and in storefronts.
2A room or set of rooms facing the street on the ground floor of a commercial building, typically used as a store: [as modifier]: a bright storefront eatery
More example sentences
- Their home is one of an isolated clutch of doleful, boxy structures, their alimentary needs met by a tiny storefront shop, their streets unlit, even unpaved.
- The restaurant occupies a matchbox-size space among the storefront shops on Sullivan Street.
- He spent time in the coffee shops and storefronts, building relationships.
Words that rhyme with storefrontforefront
Definition of storefront in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan