Definition of storefront in English:
1The facade of a store.
- Groups of 100 to 1,000 would congregate outside a Chinese laundry and launch a hail of rocks and stones to smash windows, storefronts, and doors.
- The architects approached the design by thinking of the store as having two facades: the exterior storefront and the interior wall.
- Aluminum extrusions also enjoy wide use as frames for doors and windows and in storefronts.
2A room or set of rooms facing the street on the ground floor of a commercial building, typically used as a store: [as modifier]: a bright storefront eatery
More example sentences
- Their home is one of an isolated clutch of doleful, boxy structures, their alimentary needs met by a tiny storefront shop, their streets unlit, even unpaved.
- The restaurant occupies a matchbox-size space among the storefront shops on Sullivan Street.
- He spent time in the coffee shops and storefronts, building relationships.
Definition of storefront in:
- British & World English dictionary