1North American A person who owns or runs a store.
- Ironmongers, specialist tool merchants, and general storekeepers retailed the products of a large and complex toolmaking industry.
- Both his father and his grandfather were storekeepers whose stock included painting materials.
- Like so many storekeepers, Thomas feels his watch shop would be a safer place if he had a gun with which to fend off armed robbers.
2A person responsible for stored goods.
- Industrial workers consist of operatives, maintenance workers, storekeepers, packers, cleaners, basic supervisory staff and apprentices.
- The army of typists, filing clerks, cashiers, accountants, storekeepers, and drivers had a low level of education, were inefficient, reluctant to take initiative, and imbued with an ethos of red tape and routinism.
- All junior workers, including cooks, laundry hands, storekeepers, clerks and other non-medical junior staff are involved in the strike.
Definition of storekeeper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.