- 1The point to which the wind blows spirally inward in a cyclonic storm.More example sentences
- Though the storm center was 150 miles to the north, the typhoon encompassed an area 600 miles across and 1,200 miles along.
- By keeping track of typhoons and storm centres, and giving advance warning of their approach, the observation achieved world-wide fame in meteorology circles.
- This storm is really far from over, but even though it has been a quick assault we still have a lot of things that we need to worry about, as the storm center itself is already about 65 miles to the north and east of West Palm Beach.
- 1.1The central point around which controversy or trouble happens.More example sentences
- The article refers to Jones as a local lawyer who would ‘once again become the storm center of controversy.’
- Lenin, Trotsky and the majority of the Bolsheviks thought this was premature, because outside the storm centre of Petrograd most people would oppose the uprising.
- It was the storm centre of the ‘biennio rosso’ - the two red years that followed the end of the war in 1918.
More definitions of storm centerDefinition of storm center in:
- The British & World English dictionary