- 1A heavy, dark rain cloud.More example sentences
- They shoot up from the tops of thunderstorms about the same moment lightning discharges within the storm cloud.
- Instead of the uniform grayness of the rainy day, we have the black storm cloud and brilliant lightning flash.
- When the local topography permits, you can see lightning and the associated storm cloud from anywhere up to 200 miles away.
- 1.1 (storm clouds) Used in reference to a threatening or ominous state of affairs: the beginning of the decade saw storm clouds gathering over EuropeMore example sentences
- Some perceive the storm clouds gathering over Egypt's political life.
- Collins had seen the storm clouds gathering over East Timor's future.
- Zweig saw the storm clouds gathering over his native Austria earlier than many.
More definitions of storm cloudDefinition of storm cloud in:
- The British & World English dictionary