- 1 another term for shock troops.More example sentences
- The sub-machine-gun had been developed in Germany in 1917-18 as a weapon for storm troops, a short-range automatic weapon firing pistol ammunition.
- Our informant watched in disbelief as storm troops completely destroyed a house belonging to someone he knew who now resides in South Africa.
- 1.1 (Storm Troops) • historical The Nazi political militia.More example sentences
- Seven of the highest commanders of the Storm Troops have been summarily shot.
- The Storm Troops or ‘Brownshirts’ were organized initially to serve as a protective force at Nazi Party meetings and placed under the leadership of Captain Ernst Röhm.
- S. S. Storm Troops guarded the house but Reichswehr soldiers, sent by President von Hindenburg to guard his favorite statesman, stood watch inside.
- More example sentences
- His literary output - over 60 books - covered a wide range of topics, from science to philosophy, politics, and fiction, but he first achieved fame as a WWI storm trooper.
- It was written by a storm trooper, Horst Wessel, who was killed in a street fight with communists in 1930.
- Unlike soldiers burdened with weighty kit etc, the storm troopers carried little except weaponry (such as flame throwers) that could cause much panic, as proved to be the case in this attack.
More definitions of storm troopsDefinition of storm troops in:
- The British & World English dictionary