- A preparation of the dried leaves or poisonous seeds of the jimson weed, with medical and other uses.More example sentences
- The most common ingredients prescribed were iodides, organic nitrites, stramonium, belladonna, atropine, hyoscyamus, tobacco smoke, and menthol.
- In 1944, I used to treat my Parkinsonism patients with tincture of stramonium (from jimsonweed) which was the only drug that we had.
- Other herbaceous plants included Abutilon theophrasti, Cycloloma atriplicifolium, Datura stramonium and Xanthium strumarium and the planted Maclura pomifera.
mid 17th century: modern Latin (part of the plant's binomial), perhaps an alteration of Tartar turman 'horse medicine'.
More definitions of stramoniumDefinition of stramonium in:
- The British & World English dictionary