- A condition caused by blockage or irritation at the base of the bladder, resulting in severe pain and a strong desire to urinate.More example sentences
- This product is used to treat heat strangury due to down rushing of damp heat, heat combining in bladder.
- It mainly treats syphilitic strangury and turbidity, diarrhea, foot qi, welling abscesses, and swollen sores.
- When non-toxic doses have produced strangury it may be relieved by opium and camphor, and large draughts of water.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek strangouria, from stranx, strang- 'drop squeezed out' + ouron 'urine'.
More definitions of stranguryDefinition of strangury in:
- The British & World English dictionary