- The horny outer layer of the skin.More example sentences
- This property results from product adherence to the stratum corneum layer of the skin, inhibiting microbial recolonization.
- Generally, all maintenance and repair products should focus on the restorative and nutritive needs of the stratum corneum and epidermal cells.
- The stratum corneum and a natural skin oil called the ‘barrier lipid’ provide protection for the living skin cells with their sensitive nerve endings.
Latin, literally 'horny layer'.
More definitions of stratum corneumDefinition of stratum corneum in:
- The British & World English dictionary