Definition of strawberry in English:
noun (plural strawberries)
1A sweet soft red fruit with a seed-studded surface.
- If you take soft fruit such as strawberries and cherries, protect them from the rigours of the road and from too much warmth.
- Invest in a set of small plastic boxes for chopped fresh fruit, strawberries, grapes or cherries.
- Ripening could also be controlled in strawberries and most citrus fruits, which do not respond to the chemical.
2The low-growing plant that produces the strawberry, having white flowers, lobed leaves, and runners, and found throughout north temperate regions.
- Genus Fragaria, family Rosaceae; the commercial strawberry is usually F. × ananassa
- It's exciting to see the strawberry plants thriving and flowering.
- Red clover flowers, strawberry leaves and comfrey leaves help to mend damaged cells, including chaffed or wind-blown skin.
- At this point, plant a strawberry or other plant in that ‘pocket’.
3A deep pinkish-red color.
- Lord Winston's children were twins, a boy, Jonathan, and girl, Elizabeth, both with strawberry hair and deep blue eyes.
- Colours ranged from elegant steel grey to luscious strawberry red.
- Glancing over he saw small curled strands of strawberry coloured hair trailing from the opening in the hood.
Words that rhyme with strawberrySalisbury
Definition of strawberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan