Definition of strawberry tree in English:
A small evergreen European tree of the heath family that bears clusters of whitish flowers late in the year, often at the same time as the strawberrylike fruit from the previous season’s flowers.
- Arbutus unedo, family Ericaceae
- There are maples with beautiful barks, scarlet willow, the Killarney strawberry tree, hellebores, sweetly scented Lonicera and Viburnum and dense thickets of crimson and yellow dogwoods.
- Other hedge plants for backyard retreats include Mexican orange, Pacific wax myrtle, Pittosporum tobira, and strawberry tree.
- But the judicious placement of plants - a strawberry tree in the planter and several liquidambars screening a corner - makes the space surprisingly private.
Definition of strawberry tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan