Definition of strawflower in English:
An everlasting flower of the daisy family.
- Several species in the family Compositae, in particular the Australian Helichrysum bracteatum and plants of the genus Helipterum
- The dried heads of strawflowers and safflower will further enliven your Yuletide still-life.
- They say they pull out the statice and strawflowers and such and keep them in smaller vases for two or three weeks.
- Sunflowers grow in the back, with strawflowers at far ends.
Definition of strawflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.