- A fracture of a bone caused by repeated (rather than sudden) mechanical stress.More example sentences
- Approximately 60 percent of persons with a stress fracture have had a previous stress fracture.
- In cases in which MRI scan does not reveal stress fracture, clinicians may consider using bone scintigrams.
- Most fractures can be clearly diagnosed by X-ray, although some types, such as a fracture of the base of the thumb, or a stress fracture, do not show up reliably.
More definitions of stress fractureDefinition of stress fracture in:
- The British & World English dictionary