- A person who helps to carry the sick or injured on stretchers, especially in time of war or at the scene of an accident.More example sentences
- He was left for dead at a hospital clearing post but fortunately was heard to make a sound by one of the stretcher-bearers carrying out a body from the medical aid post tent.
- Bandsmen are professional musicians who act as stretcher-bearers in the event of war.
- The ship's crew became volunteer stretcher-bearers instantly.
More definitions of stretcher-bearerDefinition of stretcher-bearer in:
- The British & World English dictionary