adjective (stretchier, stretchiest)
(Especially of material or a garment) able to stretch or be stretched easily: stretchy miniskirts
More example sentences
- It was made of some stretchy material so I was able to walk and it was a little short, but I didn't mind.
- I got some black stretchy material that i can use to make a belt out of and Karina got some tan corduroy to make a skirt.
- It is made out of a stretchy material, so it will be comfortable enough to wear all day in school.
- Example sentences
- The resulting material has six times the strength of unprocessed copper yet retains most of the metal's characteristic ductility, or stretchiness.
- If the stretchiness is altered slightly, the note is no longer exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's still recognisably musical.
- The elastic collagen fibres in the skin lose their elasticity, resulting in permanent loss of stretchiness and permanent wrinkling.
Words that rhyme with stretchysketchy, tetchy
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of stretchy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.