adjective (stretchier, stretchiest)
(Especially of material or a garment) able to stretch or be stretched easily: stretchy miniskirts
More example sentences
- It was made of some stretchy material so I was able to walk and it was a little short, but I didn't mind.
- I got some black stretchy material that i can use to make a belt out of and Karina got some tan corduroy to make a skirt.
- It is made out of a stretchy material, so it will be comfortable enough to wear all day in school.
- More example sentences
- The resulting material has six times the strength of unprocessed copper yet retains most of the metal's characteristic ductility, or stretchiness.
- If the stretchiness is altered slightly, the note is no longer exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's still recognisably musical.
- The elastic collagen fibres in the skin lose their elasticity, resulting in permanent loss of stretchiness and permanent wrinkling.
Definition of stretchy in:
- The British & World English dictionary