Definition of streusel in English:
1A crumbly topping or filling made from fat, flour, sugar, and often cinnamon.
- Apple Crumble consists of brown sugar ice cream with cinnamon streusel, apples and a caramel swirl.
- Topped with the perfect amount of cinnamon streusel crunch, this will leave you speechless!
- The actual streusel goes in the center of the plate, with more fresh blueberries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and an artful drizzle of blueberry sauce.
1.1A cake or pastry with a streusel topping.
- I quickly assemble a rum cake, a plate of vanilla ice cream and a streusel.
- For the chocolate streusel: Preheat oven to 310 degrees.
- At the top, the reward for both athletes and mere mortals is a piece of one of Sue King's pies-especially her fruit ones: rhubarb, peach, boysenberry, pear with cheddar streusel, and Dutch apple.
From German Streusel, from streuen 'sprinkle'.
Definition of streusel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.