- 1An employee on strike.More example sentences
- While the strikers walk the picket lines, more than 20 employees have decided to continue working.
- They struck on Tuesday of last week, when many strikers joined the picket line, and were due out again this Thursday.
- Our strike is solid, with around two thirds of strikers attending picket lines.
- 2The player who is to strike the ball in a game; a player considered in terms of ability to strike the ball: a gifted striker of the ballMore example sentences
- Norman told McCord he thought European Tour players were better ball strikers than the Americans.
- Liverpool play Real Betis on Tuesday and one of the best strikers of a dead ball in the game awaits.
- Burke is a sixpolar striker of the ball and plays his shots boldly.
- 2.1(Chiefly in soccer) a forward or attacker.More example sentences
- He also makes good runs forward to support the strikers.
- Why was Ferguson sitting in midfield instead of bombing forward to help the strikers?
- The 28-year-old Dutch striker has been out of action for nearly three months because of an Achilles injury.
More definitions of strikerDefinition of striker in:
- The British & World English dictionary