Definition of strip-search in English:
Search (someone) for concealed items, typically drugs or weapons, in a way that involves the removal of all their clothes.
- Six members of the protest were taken to Fitzgibbon Street Garda station, where the two women were strip-searched.
- There, they strip-searched me, made me put on an orange jump suit and cut off all my hair, just like a criminal.
- ‘I was strip-searched three times during intake and given only a long T-shirt to wear,’ he said.
noun(strip search) Back to top
An act of strip-searching.
- TMQ certainly will not stoop to the obvious strip-search and handcuff jokes.
- We must all question the practices of roadblocks, strip-searches, urine tests, locker searches, and money laundering laws.
- A prison inspectors' report in April 2003 revealed that staff routinely imposed random strip-searches after visits.
Definition of strip-search in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.