Definition of striped bass in English:
A large bass of North American coastal waters, with dark horizontal stripes along the upper sides, migrating up streams to breed.
- Morone saxatilis, family Moronidae
- Cast a line for blue marlin, brook trout, smallmouth bass, or striped bass (‘rockfish’ to the locals).
- While deciding, we stared into the eyes of a striped bass, sea bass, porgy and red snapper.
- Many species eat the fry and smolts, including striped bass, American shad, sculpins and sea gulls.
Definition of striped bass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan