Definition of striped bass in English:
A large bass of North American coastal waters, with dark horizontal stripes along the upper sides, migrating up streams to breed.
- Morone saxatilis, family Moronidae
- Cast a line for blue marlin, brook trout, smallmouth bass, or striped bass (‘rockfish’ to the locals).
- While deciding, we stared into the eyes of a striped bass, sea bass, porgy and red snapper.
- Many species eat the fry and smolts, including striped bass, American shad, sculpins and sea gulls.
Definition of striped bass in:
- British & World English dictionary