Definition of stripper in English:
1A device used for stripping something: plier-style wire strippers
More example sentences
- Commercial strippers have tanks and booths, exhaust fans, and use the strongest chemicals purchased by the barrel.
- Newer more environment- and people-friendly strippers are much safer to use but may take considerably longer to work.
- Use a cable stripper to prevent cutting the plastic coating on the wires.
2A striptease performer.
- When I first moved away from home at age 18, I lived with a woman who was an exotic dancer, a stripper really.
- It was then I realized what go-go dancers have become: strippers who don't take their clothes off.
- They soon meet a couple of male strippers whose ambiguous relationship mirrors their own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan