Definition of strobing in English:
1Irregular movement and loss of continuity sometimes seen in lines and stripes in a television picture.
- Can anyone explain why having one artist having one song with some strobing would ruin an entire weekend's viewing?
- The trio turned en masse to face down their author, faces bleached in the strobing.
- There are some major instances of strobing and chroma noise in clothing patterns, notably men's tweed hats and jackets.
2Jerkiness in what should be a smooth movement of an image on a screen.
- I tried to work out the image behind the strobing.
- Of course, the film's digital color processing and photographic strobing gives many scenes an oddly pixilated quality.
- Backgrounds show headache-inducing strobing and flickering.
Definition of strobing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India