Definition of strongyle in English:
A nematode of a group that includes several common disease-causing parasites of mammals and birds.
- Genus Strongylus or family Strongylidae, class Phasmida. See also red worm (sense 2)
- Prevalence and intensity analyses included only strongyle and coccidian parasites.
- Fortunately, large strongyles can be effectively controlled with ivermectin and related dewormers.
- The results were remarkably similar to the equine findings, vascular strongyle type parasitic infection.
Definition of strongyle in:
- British & World English dictionary