Definition of strongyle in English:
A nematode of a group that includes several common disease-causing parasites of mammals and birds.
- Genus Strongylus or family Strongylidae, class Phasmida. See also red worm (sense 2)
- Prevalence and intensity analyses included only strongyle and coccidian parasites.
- Fortunately, large strongyles can be effectively controlled with ivermectin and related dewormers.
- The results were remarkably similar to the equine findings, vascular strongyle type parasitic infection.
Words that rhyme with strongyleVirgil • Gaitskell • orchil
Definition of strongyle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan