- The chemical element of atomic number 38, a soft, silver-white metal of the alkaline earth series. Its salts are used in fireworks and flares because they give a brilliant red light. (Symbol: Sr)More example sentences
- The Scottish village is Strontia and the element is the alkaline earth metal strontium.
- Because of its chemical closeness to calcium, strontium can comfortably replace the lighter element in enamel, dentin, and bone.
- ARS developed methods using calcium to remove strontium - 90 radioactivity from wheat and milk in 1962.
More definitions of strontiumDefinition of strontium in:
- The British & World English dictionary