The branch of civil engineering that deals with large modern buildings and similar structures.
- In addition to dismantling quarterbacks, Walker is a licensed civil engineer who specializes in structural engineering.
- Schulte is a 1976 graduate of the Illinois Institute of Technology, with a degree in fire protection engineering and a minor in structural engineering.
- Some fire protection engineers are suggesting a new service to architects and owners that would combine fire and structural engineering.
structural engineer noun
- Example sentences
- Mr. Grimm was a consulting architectural engineer and licensed structural engineer by profession.
- He has a PhD from the University of Minnesota and is licensed as a structural engineer and as a professional engineer in Illinois.
- ‘It's unbelievable to structural engineers how much drift these walls could take,’ says Astaneh.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: struc·tur·al en·gi·neer·ing
Definition of structural engineering in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.